Monday, January 17, 2011

The Pioneer Woman Cooks

I realized that I've only posted one food related book on this blog, and it really was more of an autobiography with a few recipes thrown in for good measure. I'm not huge on cookbooks, but for the past year this cookbook has become a staple in my life.  I discovered it by reading the blog of the author, Ree Drummond, the wife of a cattle rancher in Oklahoma. She posts daily musings on the reality of raising four kids on a cattle ranch in the middle of nowhere and she also manages to find time to post beautifully photographed recipes which she shares on the Pioneer Woman Cooks! section of her blog.

Her cookbook came out over a year ago, but it continues to be one of my favorites because the food tends to be simple and delicious (she loves butter and sugar). She also includes step by step instructions (with photos!) which are a huge help for a non-foodie who doesn't cook everyday. It also includes tons of photos of her family and life on the ranch where she lives and works.

In addition to her cookbook, I recommend checking her blog's cooking section. She updates it frequently, and I have found some amazing recipes there as well.

Step-by-step instructions with photos!