Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2010 in Review


Yikes....I haven't posted since the end of November! My excuses are fairly common, I've been traveling for work, the holidays took up a fair amount of time and I've become quite addicted to Netflix. Specifically, I've become hooked on a few television shows (Firefly,  Damages) and as a result have spent most of my free time watching television.

I've also been flitting between a few books at once, which can be enjoyable, but I rarely make any progress. Luckily I finished an excellent novel last night by my new favorite author Sarah Waters so hopefully I will be posting on it shortly. 

For now I thought I'd take a look back at all my posts and highlight a few of my favorite books of 2010: 













by Jonathan Franzen
 Franzen remains one of my all-time favorite novelists, and it was worth the wait for his latest. 













By John Le Carré

My first time reading Le Carré and I have a feeling he too will be in my list of favorite writers. A fantastic spy novel, but also just a fantastic novel period. I recently picked up A Perfect Spy and hope to start reading it soon.













Edited by Ruth A. Peltason

Not just another book filled with pretty pictures! Taylor gives an in-depth account of her favorite pieces and allows the reader to get an up-close look at an amazing collection of jewelry. 













By Sam Kashner & Nancy Schoenberger

Sometimes one good book leads you to another. A fascinating look at one of old Hollywoods most famous couples. 













By Irène Némirovsky

Beautifully written with an even more amazing back-story. 













Sarah Waters

Waters has become another writer I've loved and I will be forever grateful for finding another master of historical fiction (and suspense).