Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Christmas in July



I just read over on the Omnivoracious' Amazon Blog that Jonathan Franzen's new novel is due out August 31, 2010 and it's titled Freedom: A Novel

I still remember devouring his novel The Corrections in two days. It was one of my last weeks in college when classes had ended, but I still had time to kill before graduation. I laid on my bed drinking gin and tonics, with the door to my small balcony open only putting the book down to occasionally eat something. It still ranks as one of my all-time favorite books. 

If you're interested in reading anything else by him, I also suggest his book of essays How to Be Alone

Omnivoracious' has a nice comparison of the U.S. and UK covers (I prefer the UK myself). I've included both below. 

Left: U.S. cover Right: UK cover